Where can I get help?
eXtension staffs a help desk to respond to any technical difficulties you may be having with this site. Simply use the "Contact" link in the menu bar above, or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know if I already have a login name?
If you have ever enrolled in a course at http://campus.extension.org within the past two years, you likely still have a login account. Use the "Forgotten" link on the login page, and you can search for your credentials using either your user name or your email address.
I am an Extension educator. How can I get an educational event or course listed in this catalog?
Please review the information at http://create.extension.org/node/3180. The help desk staff will consult with you in deciding the most appropriate approach for listing your event or course.
Since Catalog can list webinars, will this replace Learn?
No, it is not practical to do so. Listings in Learn are created self serve by anyone with an eXtension ID. Catalog is not self-serve. Webinars included in Catalog are primarily for those instances where someone wishes to charge fees for access to a webinar, or where they might want to package various resources, exams, certificates, badges, etc. to go along with the webinar. Catalog can also be used to broaden the publicity of the webinar.
What if my educational event or product is not on Campus?
While Catalog facilitates seamless transfers to or from Campus, it also accommodates links to external websites and resources. A catalog listing could consist of nothing more than a description with appropriate links to the external sites.
What must I do to purchase a course for someone else?
- Find the course in the Catalog and click the "Buy Now" button.
- On the next page, change the quantity number to the number of people for which the purchase is being made and click the "Recalculate" button; then click the Checkout button.
- If the purchaser is not already logged in, the next screen will give the purchaser the opportunity to create a new account. In creating a new account, the purchaser should use his/her own identity, not the identity of the person who will be taking the course.
- Once logged in (or once the account is created), verify the user profile information, to include selecting a state. Select the payment method, either Paypal/credit card, or invoice. THEN (and this is important), check the box that says you are buying the course on behalf of someone else. Also check the terms and conditions box, and finally the "Proceed" button in the lower right hand corner. If you are purchasing more than one seat to the course, the system will automatically assume you are buying it on behalf of someone else.
- If the payment is to be made by credit card, the next page will ask the purchaser for the various credit card or Paypal information. If the payment is to be made by invoice, that next page will display a set of instructions for where to submit payment. Also, if by invoice, an email will be sent to the purchaser at the address entered when creating the login account. When the payment is received by the eXtension Foundation accountant, the invoice will be marked "paid."
- In either case in #5 above, the purchaser has now completed the financial transaction, but the system still does not know who the student(s) are. At that point, the purchaser assumes the role of a "Manager." To exercise that role, the purchaser goes back to catalog.extension.org, and in the top menu bar will find a link that says "Manager Login". This purchaser/manager uses the same login ID used when purchasing the course(s), and after getting logged in, will see a screen showing how many seats he/she purchased, how many are already being used, an how many are remaining. Following the instructions on the screen, the purchaser/manager now designates the people who are to take the course by entering their names/email addresses. These "students" will receive an email with instructions for creating an account and getting into the course. The manager can always come back later to the "Manager" console to monitor the use of the seats purchased.